Get Interactive: HapYak Joins the Brightcove Family
On its own, video is already an engaging and compelling medium to tell stories, communicate information, and connect with an audience. In recent years, advances in interactive technology, personalization, and embedded calls to action have only enhanced the power of video for engagement of enterprise users spanning media, marketing, sales organizations, and human resources.
If you missed it, on October 14, 2021 we announced an agreement to acquire the technology of our long-time partner, HapYak. Brightcove is proud to welcome HapYak, a leader in the video interactivity market, to the family. Through an integration of HapYak’s technology, Brightcove customers can implement interactive features into existing and new video content.
With HapYak’s technology as part of Brightcove’s solution, users can customize video assets at scale with exciting interactive features, including:
- Clickable hotspots: Add URLs at any point in your video to drive traffic to unique destinations.
- Forms: Include forms as an overlay to your video and capture individual viewer information in the moment.
- Shopping cart purchases: Make your videos shoppable and enable in-video purchases. With a single seamless click, without leaving the video player, your customer can shop and you can make revenue.
- Quizzes: Collect individual viewer data and preferences by embedding quizzes within your video player.
- Choose-your-own adventure paths: With branching technology, you can link between videos and allow your viewers to create their own experience as they choose their next piece of content (all while collecting data on what they choose next!)
- Customized calls-to-action: Include the call-to-action that makes the most sense for your goals and audience: buy now, sign up, subscribe, download, schedule an appointment, and more.
With so many interactive touchpoints within a single video asset, Brightcove is proud to offer additional analytics powered by HapYak’s technology enabling our customers to analyze online video performance with unique audience feedback from polls, personalized calls to action, and data from clickable links. These granular insights are powerful indicators of engagement and intent and when integrated with other marketing technology solutions like marketing automation, web analytics, and back office platforms, these unique insights drive increased lead quality, MQLs, and conversion rates.
To learn more about how Brightcove and HapYak can help you make your videos more interactive, visit our product page.