Video accessibility isn’t about checking a box; it’s about putting your audience's needs first. It shows that your company is committed to delivering the best possible experience to everyone, without exception.
Reach your entire audience with
Build stronger relationships with all your viewers by making video accessibility a priority.
Making your content available
Make your content accessible to all audiences
Providing accessible video content is not just good business, it’s simply fair.
- A variety of engagement options ensures that as many people as possible can connect with your content and brand
- Supporting different intake experiences, whether it’s with captions for those who are hearing impaired or don’t use audio when they scroll through videos or with contrast adjustments for those who are visually challenged, makes people more likely to stay with your brand, explore it further, and convert
Our Player is also WCAG 2.1 AA compliant.
Accessible video lets you reach audiences around the globe
It’s important to have content that can scale for different geographies and languages so everyone can understand it.
- Providing localized captions, dubs, and translations removes the possibility of language-based misunderstanding by viewers
- Even if your content is for a geographically limited audience right now, you want to have the tools in place to scale it as your business grows and your viewership grows with it
Read how accessible video encourages loyalty.
Video accessibility also improves SEO and discoverability
Search engine optimization (SEO) and accessible content go hand in hand.
- Features like transcriptions improve the searchability of your content and increase the possibility of a high search ranking by providing more context for search engines
- Accessibility also works in tandem with digital “usability,” and having a website that is considered usable across audiences can boost its SEO ranking as well
Check out how accessible video impacts e-commerce experiences.
Our accessibility partners
We prioritize accessibility at Brightcove, and we work with some amazing partners who do as well. Take a look below to learn how they can add functionality to our platform to help you make your content available to as wide an audience as possible.
Brightcove and partneraccessibility features
We offer the following accessibility features – some are built into the Brightcove platform, and some are offered in collaboration with our partners:
HTML 5 Player