“Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of such natural person.
“Processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Our lawful bases for the Processing of Personal Data are: (i) consent and/or (ii) any other applicable legal bases, such as our legitimate interest in engaging in commerce, offering products and services of value to the customers of Brightcove Services, preventing fraud, ensuring information and network security, direct marketing and advertising and complying with industry practices.
Additional Rights for European Residents. As a resident of the EU or a country following substantially-similar legislation regarding the protection of personal data, you may have one or more of the following additional rights available to you:
- Access. To request a copy of the Personal Data we have collected about you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rectification & Erasure. To request that we rectify or delete any of the Personal Data about you that is incomplete, incorrect, unnecessary or outdated.
- Objection. To object, at any time, to Personal Data about you being Processed for direct marketing purposes.
- Restriction of Processing. To request restriction of Processing of Personal Data about you for certain reasons, such as, for example, if you consider Personal Data about you collected by us to be inaccurate or you have objected to the Processing pending the verification of whether our legitimate grounds for Processing override yours.
- Data Portability. To request and receive the Personal Data we have collected about you in a commonly used and machine-readable form.
- Right to Withdraw Consent. If Personal Data about you is processed solely based on your consent and not for any other legitimate interest, to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of our Processing based on such consent before it was withdrawn, including Processing related to existing contracts for our products and services.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint with a DPA. If you believe our Processing of Personal Data about you is inconsistent with the applicable data protection laws, to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory data protection authority (“DPA”).
To exercise any of the above-listed rights (with the exception of the right to lodge a complaint with a DPA, which you may do directly to a DPA), please contact us at email@example.com. We will process any requests in accordance with applicable law and within a reasonable period of time. We may need to verify your identity before processing your request. Certain information may be reviewed, corrected and updated by logging into your Brightcove Service account and editing the profile information.
If Brightcove receives a request from a Viewer, we may refer the request to the Customer and support the Customer in responding to the request.
Compelled Disclosures. Brightcove may be required to disclose Personal Data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including disclosures necessary to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, or pursuant to judicial orders.
Given the judgment of the Court of Justice of the European Union dated 16 July 2020 which invalidated the adequacy of the Privacy Shield Framework, we are increasingly relying on the European Commission Standard Contractual Clauses as a transfer compliance mechanism. We also continue to process relevant Personal Data in line with our obligations under the Privacy Shield Framework. For further information, please see our Privacy Shield Notice below.