Brightcove California Privacy Notice
LAST UPDATED: Dec 30, 2019
Scope of Disclosures
This CA Privacy Notice provides additional information about how we collect, use, disclose and otherwise process personal information of individual residents of the State of California, either online or offline, within the scope of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
Personal Information Disclosures
When we use the term “personal information” in this CA Privacy Notice, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
- Identifiers, such as your name, address, phone number and email address.
- Commercial Information, such as products or services you may be interested in.
- Internet/Network Information, such as device information, log, and analytics data.
- Geolocation Data, such as your general geographic location based on the log data we or our third-party providers collect.
- Profession/Employment Information, such as the industry you work in, the business or organization you are associated with and, where applicable, your title with that business or organization and information relating to your role with the business or organization.
- Inferences, including information generated from your use of the Site reflecting your preferences.
- Other Personal Information, including comments or opinions you provide to us through our Forums or other information you provide to us directly or through a third-party service, including messages you send us on social media.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not “sell” personal information as most people would typically understand that term. However, we do allow certain third-party partners and providers to collect information about consumers directly through our Site for purposes of analyzing and optimizing our Site and ads, providing content and ads that are more relevant, measuring statistics and the success of ad campaigns, and detecting and reporting fraud. To the extent this practice is interpreted to constitute a “sale” under the CCPA, please see our Cookies Policy for more information including how to exercise your rights to opt-out of cookies, analytics and personalized advertising.
Your California Privacy Rights
As a California resident, you may be able to exercise the following rights in relation to the personal information about you that we have collected (subject to certain limitations at law):
Right to Know. You have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you as well as information about how we collect, use, disclose, and “sell” personal information.
Right to Request Deletion. You have the right to request the deletion of personal information that we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
The Right to Opt Out of Personal Information Sales. You have the right to direct us not to sell personal information we have collected about you to third parties now or in the future.
The Right to Non-Discrimination. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising any of the rights described above.
However, please note that if the exercise of the rights described above limits our ability to process personal information (such as in the case of a deletion request), we may no longer be able to provide you our products or services or engage with you in the same manner.
How to Exercise Your California Privacy Rights
To Exercise Your Right to Know or Right to Deletion
To exercise your right to know and/or right to deletion, please submit a request by:
- Emailing us at email@example.com with the subject line “California Rights Request”, or
- Calling our toll-free number at +1 844 560 7810.
We will need to verify your identity before processing your request. In order to verify your identity, we will generally require the matching of sufficient information you provide us to the information we maintain about you in our systems and/or by other means. Certain requests may require us to obtain additional personal information from you.
To Exercise Your Right to Opt Out of Personal Information Sales
We allow certain third-party partners and providers to collect information about consumers directly through our Site for purposes of analyzing and optimizing our Site and ads, providing content and ads that are more relevant, measuring statistics and the success of ad campaigns, and detecting and reporting fraud. To the extent this practice is interpreted to constitute a “sale” under the CCPA, please click this link:
which will take you to our Cookies Policy where you can exercise your rights to opt-out of cookies, analytics and personalized advertising.
If you have any questions or requests in connection with this CA Privacy Notice or other privacy-related matters, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, inquiries may be addressed to:
Attn: Privacy Team
290 Congress Street
Boston, MA 02210