Opera products enable more than 350 million internet consumers worldwide to discover and connect with the content and services that matter most to them, no matter what device, network or location. In turn, we help advertisers reach the audiences that build value for their businesses.
Opera TV Snap allows you to Create, Monetize and Distribute your Brightcove video catalog in the form of a Smart TV app.
Creation of TV apps is straightforward using the TV Snap app creation portal, which creates a ready-to-run Smart TV app from your Brightcove video catalog with no cumbersome, time-consuming development times or costs.
Monetization is taken care of with pre-or-post roll advertisements within the app, using your own advertising solution or via Opera Mediaworks advertising platform.
Distribution is made easy with free distribution via the Opera TV Store, Opera Software's own cloud-based TV app storefront, already available on millions of TVs and set-top boxes all over the world including Sony, Samsung, TiVo and many more.
Features & Benefits
- Allows you to create a Smart TV app from your Brightcove video catalog fast and for free.
- Seamless integration between your Brightcove video catalog and Opera TV Snap.
- Lean-back TV experience.
- Supports Live streaming.
- Monetize your video content using your existing or Opera Mediaworks' advertising solution.
- Statistics to help you measure and manage your TV app (available on request).
- Go to publish.tvstore.opera.com and create an account.
- Sign in and choose Brightcove.
- In the Brightcove tab follow the steps below to obtain a Brightcove token and Player ID.
- Sign in to the Video Cloud Studio at https://www.brightcove.com/en/.
- On the Video Cloud Studio Home page, click the Account Settings.
- On the Account Settings page, click API Management.
- Create a READ token with URL access (or use an existing one).
- Paste it into the Brightcove token field in the Opera Submission portal.
- Go to the Media module, create a new playlist or use an existing one, and add videos into it. (For more info, please visit http://support.brightcove.com/en/video-cloud/docs/creating-and-managing-playlists#create).
- Go to the Publishing module, and create a Chromeless Video Player with Tabbed Playlist. (For more info, please check http://support.brightcove.com/en/video-cloud/docs/quick-start-creating-players).
- Go to the Media module, select All Players from the left side, and choose the player you created in previous step. Add the various playlists you want by choosing Add Playlists.
- Locate the Player ID number of the player at the top of the page and paste it into the Player ID field in the Opera Submission portal.
- When you have entered the Brightcove token and Player ID into the appropriate fields in the Opera Submission portal, please continue with the other submission steps in the Opera Submission portal(Basic information, Translations, Graphics, Info for moderators, Terms and Conditions).
- After a short moderation process, your Brightcove video channel will be live on leading TV & set-top manufacturers worldwide via the Opera TV Store.
Free of charge