When Brightcove launched the online video platform (OVP) category 12 years ago, the biggest challenge the industry faced was just getting online video to work. While we have largely solved that problem, the complexity related to online video remains. Managing the combination of a dizzying number of standards, an ever-expanding array of devices, and the growth of social platforms is hard. But the investment has proven itself many times over as video has matured into the most the world’s most effective and pervasive form of digital communication, one capable of delivering compelling, delightful experiences that lead to tangible business ROI, whether it be monetization for publishers and broadcasters or demand generation for brands.
One thing that hasn’t changed over that time is Brightcove’s commitment to providing its customers with the technology and services to deliver those enriching customer experiences. That’s why we’re pleased to announce Brightcove has been recognized by Frost & Sullivan with its 2016 Market Leadership Award for Global OVPs (you can download the report here). It’s the fourth time we’ve been recognized and it speaks to our ongoing mission to be the company media organizations and brands seek out to power their video around the world.
Here are a few key takeaways from Frost & Sullivan’s research:
- Brightcove dominates the OVP space with the largest market share (23%) of this highly fragmented, rapidly growing category
- The combination of technical excellence and deep understanding of the marketplace, reflected in Brightcove’s suite of products, keep us ahead of other OVPs
- Brightcove’s superb customer service and support ensures that we optimize every customer’s experience with our offerings
- Brightcove’s continued growth, breadth and depth of capabilities and brand strength are key elements in our overall market success
- Brightcove’s early and sustained international investments have enabled us to dominate the OVP market in Japan and Australia, and enjoy a strong presence in Europe and other Asian markets
Get a Demo