Brightcove kicked off its first Video Marketing Lunch & Learn Seminar last week in Sydney, Australia. The first of its quarterly series, the seminar was designed to provide marketers with a quick but in-depth insight into the world of video marketing and application models for video in the marketing mix.
Attendance included some of the major global brands such as Nestle, Suncorp, Qantas and Expedia. Common themes heard at the event included:
- On the right track: Video is a key tactic that most marketers in the room were very keen to learn more about, either how to get a video marketing program started or validate their existing video marketing program.
- Learn by example: Most marketers also wanted to learn by successful examples. Brightcove showcased customer examples such as Fidelity and Tourism Australia to cover the industry.
- Integration with social media: Harnessing social media with video assets was another topic that piqued the interest in the room. Social media is another effective channel for brands that want to syndicate their video assets beyond their homepages in order to drive awareness and conversion.
With 54% of the buyer journey done through digital channels and prior to arriving to a purchasing decision, a brand’s content marketing program is a critical asset. Additionally, as the average attention span has dropped to just 7 seconds, video is a highly effective asset to capture and retain that attention to deliver the brand message and ultimately drive business results. Marketers also need to factor in delivering great video experiences on every device, and integrating video into their brand’s web experience, marketing automation and content management tools.
During the seminar we shared our Video Marketing Playbook, which included our top 5 quick win plays that every marketer needs to consider to ensure their video marketing strategy is on track to deliver the best kind of return on investment:
- Add video to homepage and landing pages – increases time on site by 105% and converts leads 2x more than a site without video
- Track performance - helps shape marketing strategy and measure effectiveness
- Push videos to social channels to extend reach and drive visitors - maximises the impact of your content marketing program with video
- Plug your video strategy into your workflow - manage a video content library without disrupting the current workflow and strategy
- Create a video portal plan – in order to achieve increase time on site and conversion rates, marketers need a video portal plan around what kind of content will the buyer be looking for in order to influence and execute the buying behaviour
For more insights on video marketing, download the video marketing how-to bundle on 5 key questions (and answers) as well as 5 quick wins for optimising any video marketing program.