[caption id="attachment_1822" align="aligncenter" width="708" caption="EVS C-Cast and Zencoder Cloud Transcoding"][/caption] Depending on the duration of the selection and the bandwidth available, Media is ready to view in 1 or 2 minutes.
- An operator watching the Program Feed makes a selection using EVS' video editing suite, IPDirector, which defines metadata and IN and OUT points
- Information from the selection is sent to the C-Cast Central
- C-Cast Central sends extraction requests to the C-Cast Agents involved
- The C-Cast Agent extracts and transcodes a mezzanine file of the previously selected footage
- When C-Cast Central receives a file, it sends a transcoding API request to Zencoder, which transcodes the mezzanine file into formats that suit the broadcaster's publishing goals.
- When the transcoding is finished, Zencoder provides a callback to C-Cast Central, which exposes these new media in its API, and from there on to client applications.