At our recent user conference Brightcove PLAY, Andy Plesser from Beet.TV interviewed many of our customers and partners about the pressing industry issues that are shaping their businesses. The post below features a video interview with Diana Williams, co-founder and V.P. of product at Joyus.
Joyus is an online shopping destination with a mission to augment the customer experience through the power of video. The San Francisco-based company showcases and sells apparel, lifestyle, technology, home and beauty products for a limited time; using video, Joyus' experts help consumers to understand how these various items will fit within their daily lives, visually demonstrating their features and benefits. According to Joyus’ co-founder and V.P. of product Diana Williams, the company views its personalized shopping experience technology as a video sales platform.
We spoke with Diana at our recent PLAY conference, where she passionately discussed the exciting initiatives that Joyus is pursuing. Tune in to the video embedded below to hear more of Diana's thoughts on the following:
- Unlike other e-commerce sites where video might be secondary, for Joyus video is the medium through which they communicate.
- Joyus produces the majority of its video content in-house; the company is laser-focused on ensuring that the video that it creates and distributes helps customers to understand how they'll benefit from using amazing products.
- Joyus is equally a destination where consumers can come to watch and shop and a unique video player that allows users to share the video content they find most interesting with friends via social media integrations.
Joyus' video conversion and monetization data is what will likely pique the interest of other Video Cloud customers:
- Joyus reports that users who watch video convert at five times the rate of users who do not watch video.
- Users who consumer video buy four times more product than users who do not watch video.
- Joyus' videos monetize at range of 47 cents to 93 cents per video.