Gaiam, based in Boulder, Colorado, is a multi-faceted business that offers products, services and information that appeal to customers who are interested in environmentalism, a sustainable economy, healthy lifestyles and personal development. Gaiam reaches its target consumers through relationships with retail stores across the globe; it also has a robust Web platform and e-commerce operation. An early proponent of the power of video, Gaiam began offering video-based home entertainment content for its brand followers in 2005. Over the years, it has grown its online video offerings extensively to showcase original programming on topics including:
- Personal development
- Fitness and wellness
Gaiam became a Brightcove Video Cloud customer in 2011 and began offering free online video content to website visitors. Recognizing the engagement levels and popularity for its video content, Gaiam made a strategic decision to grow its video offerings by launching GaiamTV. A subscription-based, video on demand (VOD) channel, GaiamTV boasts over 5,000 titles--including 1:1 interviews, fitness videos, yoga practice, documentaries and more.
Gaiam originally tapped Brightcove Video Cloud for its ability to offer a secure platform for professional-quality video delivery--but the relationship has continued to expand. Consider these ROI benefits related to Gaiam’s use of Video Cloud:
- Video Cloud offers a secure, optimized platform for HTTPS Live Streaming (HLS) video content delivery
- Gaiam can access analytics and reporting on viewership through Video Cloud’s analytics dashboard
- With Video Cloud, Gaiam can reach its subscribers on any platform or device
- Gaiam successfully implemented a Roku app that has driven increased subscriber and usage numbers, via the delivery of encrypted HLS
- Video Cloud helped Gaiam to create a foundation for Over the Top (OTT) platform expansion opportunities
To learn more about how Gaiam is taking advantage of Brightcove Video Cloud to spread the principles of a healthy, fulfilling lifestyle, review the full case study here.