Not only is joining the Brightcove forums incredibly easy, but it is also one of the best decisions you can make as a Brightcove user! As a registered forums user, you will be able to participate in and start conversations on the forums, engage with other Brightcove users, developers, and partners, as well as actual Brightcove engineers, support specialists, product managers, account managers, and many more!
Like I said, registering for the forums couldn't be easier! As long as you have a Brightcove studio login, you can follow these simple instructions to sign up:
- Go to http://forum.brightcove.com and click the Register link at the top of any page
- Sign-in with your Brightcove account credentials
- Select a Login name - This is your screen name in the community and it appears whenever you post on the forums
The Brightcove Community Team is focused on inspiring every single user to be more engaged in the community. We believe that the forums is one subset of the community where you can truly soak up an incredible amout of information! While there's tons of knowledge flowing throughout the forums now, just imagine how great it would be if every Brightcove user jumped in head first and started engaging with each other!
If you need a little more encouragment before you click that Register button on forum.brightcove.com, keep reading. Here are a few more reasons why I think joining the forums will be the best decision you make all day!
- Knowledge sharing: The Brightcove forums is a great outlet for knowledge sharing where you can ask questions, provide advice on best practices you have found, or just interact with other people with a similar skill or interest as yourself in a place that can be seen by everyone else in the community.
- Get the answers you are looking for: While there are many great resources for you to search through on support.brightcove.com anddeveloper.brightcove.com, sometimes you have a question that goes beyond what can be found in documentation. Maybe what you really want is just some advice from other Brightcove users who have done the same things you are trying to do. The forums are the best place for you to post these types of questions! By posting your questions on the forums, you will recieve the answers you are looking for and potentially much more! Other Brightcove users may jump on the thread and ask additional questions that get you thinking about other ways you can do things or maybe more efficient ways to use the product.
- You can have a voice: Once you register and start engaging in the forums, you will see that Brightcove employees are everywhere! If you have an idea for a product enhancement or feature request, we have a great place for you to share it. Not only will Brightcove product managers be able to see the requests you have, but if others have the same request and voice their thoughts as well, it may have some significant influence on how certain new features are prioritized.
- Showcase all of the awesome ways you use Brightcove: If you want to get feedback from other Brightcove users about the ways you are using Brightcove or if you just want to show off all of the work you did styling your player to match your brand, we have a place for you to post a link to your site.
- Grow your network in the online video industry: One thing you will have in common with every other Brightcove forum user is that you believe publishing and distributing video to your audience is important (and you couldn't be more right!). By engaging and connecting with other Brightcove community members who share a common belief, you will be able to grow your network in the online video industry. And hey, you might even be able to meet them face to face at a regional Brightcove user group one day!
So what are you waiting for? Sign up for the forums today!