Every quarter, Brightcove CEO Jeremy Allaire and COO David Mendels present a webcast for customers with an update on newly released platform features and a preview of our product roadmap. It has been a busy few months and a lot was covered during the webinar, so we wanted to share a summary of some of the key highlights.
Whether it's simplifying your distribution strategy with tools like YouTube sync and Apple HTTP Live Streaming or helping you drive more value with actionable analytics, we've been hard at work developing and releasing some great functionality:
- YouTube Sync: Manage your YouTube channel with ease! Push content from the Brightcove Studio to all of your YouTube channels to aid in the discoverability of your online video programming. This includes the ability to selectively sync assets based on tags and push all your applicable metadata to YouTube. It's also a true sync - when you remove or edit a synced asset in Brightcove, the change is automatically pushed to YouTube. This is something unique to Brightcove and a feature generating loads of positive feedback from customers.
- Apple HTTP Live Streaming: Our publishers can now create renditions in Apple HTTP Live Streaming format, which improves the end-user experience on iOS devices and enables delivery of content more than 15 minutes long via iOS applications.
- Support for Flash Player 10.2 and the StageVideo API: Brightcove customers can now take advantage of Adobe's StageVideo API in Flash Player 10.2. StageVideo dramatically reduces CPU utilization during video playback, which means reduced power consumption and a smoother viewing experience, especially on less powerful devices like mobile phones and tablets.
- Akamai HD Live with DVR: Akamai HD technology provides unmatched streaming quality and publishers with live video assets can now give viewers the ability to seamlessly rewind, pause, and jump back to the live stream all within a single viewing experience.
- Expanded Video Analytics: Publishers can get more insight into campaign performance than ever before with access to more than a dozen new reports, including player-level metrics, city-level geographic reports, video performance comparisons, and more.
- Brightcove Mobile Video Upload Application: Available for free in the iTunes store and now available for all customers, the mobile upload app enables Brightcove users in the field to record, edit, tag, and upload content captured on their iOS device.
Partnerships that Drive Value for Customers
In Q1, leading technology and solution providers teamed with Brightcove to bring exciting new innovations to market and drive value for our customers:
- We announced a new wide-ranging corporate partnership with LG to expand online video distribution to the popular LG Netcast Smart TVs. By bringing online video distribution to the living room, we're giving publishers an exciting new opportunity to expand audience reach through popular Internet connected devices.
- We launched a federal government initiative with Carahsoft, a trusted government IT solutions provider, to better serve this important sector. Government organizations are increasingly turning to video to engage with constituents, distribute important messages, and streamline internal workflows, and we're extremely proud to enable these campaigns with our leading online video platform.
- We're accelerating TV Everywhere adoption as an Adobe Pass Enablement Partner. Adobe Pass is a powerful authentication and authorization technology that works in both Flash and HTML5 environments. We're helping publishers overcome the difficult task of reliably securing content while providing a positive user experience.
- We took advantage of long-standing strategic partnerships with Adobe and Akamai to deliver valuable product features that take advantage of their leading technology.
- We announced an expanded partnership and integration with Ektron, a provider of Web content management, social software and marketing optimization solutions, that will streamline the online video publishing and content management process for thousands of customers around the world.
- We're bringing together publishers, partners, and industry leaders with our first ever global customer conference in Boston this May. Brightcove PLAY 2011 promises to be a huge success, with more than 25 breakout sessions for business-level users, developers, and advertising operations professionals, and keynotes from top industry influencers. For more information and to register for the event, visit http://brightcove.com/play2011.