Yesterday at 1PM ET and again today at 9 AM ET, Brightcove hosted our quarterly webinar with CEO Jeremy Allaire and President and COO David Mendels for all Brightcove customers. We brought everyone up to speed on a number of big announcements from the over the last quarter and answered a number of customer questions. Here's a quick recap of what we covered:
- Global growth with new offices in Korea and Australia
- New leadership with the addition of our new CFO, Christopher Menard
- Product innovations in the form of new features in Brightcove 5, including YouTube Sync, iPhone mobile upload app, and enhanced analytics tools: explore the product features
- Our first global customer conference, Brightcove PLAY slated for May 23-25 in Boston, MA: register here
- A plug for our continued customer engagement with support, training, and community building through the customer forums and blog
- Featured customer implementations, including a top-notch iPad application from a magazine property, and an online retailer using in-player e-commerce cues and social media integration for their videos
- Partner spotlight on Invideous and their micro-payment paywall platform
Did You Know? In 2010:
- Video now accounts for over half (51%) of traffic online, according to CDN and Brightcove partner, Limelight.
- The number of active Brightcove customers has more than tripled.
- Storage consumed in the first six months of the year is more than 3X all storage consumed in the first five years of Brightcove's history!
If you are a Brightcove customer and missed the session, be sure to check your email for the link to the recorded presentation. Sorry, this session is for active Brightcove customers only.