We are very excited to announce Brightcove 5, a major new release of the Brightcove online video platform with wide-ranging enhancements that will empower our customers to significantly expand audience reach, accelerate productivity, and maximize the return on their online video investments. Some of the new features in the Brightcove 5 release include:
- Integrated YouTube distribution and synchronization for simultaneously publishing and maintaining video content and metadata across customer websites and YouTube;
- Apple HTTP streaming for multi-bitrate video delivery for Apple iOS devices, including high quality long-form video experiences over 3G and Wi-Fi connections;
- Enhanced mobile SDK with a functionally complete Apple iPad reference app that includes playlist navigation, full-screen viewing, email and Twitter sharing;
- Expanded video analytics with more than a dozen new reports, including player-level metrics, global viewer attention span, city level geographic reports, end-user browser and operating system
- Advanced analytics for HTML5 video developed in partnership with TubeMogul to offer integrated reporting of online video performance across desktops, devices and runtimes;
- Live HD with DVR controls based on Akamai HD technology providing fast startup and smooth playback with the ability to seamlessly rewind, pause and jump back to the live stream all within a single viewing experience;
- Cross platform smart players that enable customers to style and customize video experiences and publish a single embed code that automatically works for both Flash and HTML5 video;
- Aspera-based video upload acceleration that brings content to market up to 20 times faster regardless of file size; and
- Mobile video upload application for iPhone video capture, editing and secure uploads into Brightcove online video platform from anywhere.
Brightcove 5 is available to the more than 2,300 Brightcove customers, which now span 50 countries and more than 10,000 professional websites. Read the full press release.
Brightcove today also opened registration for Brightcove Play 2011, the company's first annual global customer conference. Set to take place May 23-25 at the Seaport Hotel & World Trade Center in Boston, the event will convene hundreds of media companies, marketers, and developers from around the world for three action-packed days of hands-on learning, in-depth strategy sessions, next-generation product demos, all-star keynotes, and networking.
Brightcove Play 2011 will feature six keynote presentations and more than 30 expert-lead breakout sessions for business decision makers and strategists, day-to-day users and non-technical programmers, advertising operations professionals and application developers.
The event will also include an exhibitor pavilion and demo center featuring Brightcove technology partners and solution providers.
To learn more about the Brightcove Play global customer conference and to take advantage of the early bird registration discount, visit http://www.brightcove.com/play2011. And make sure to follow Brightcove Play 2011 on Twitter and Facebook for regular updates on speakers, session topics, and other opportunities to connect with the Brightcove community. Read the full press release.