This guest post is by David Siteman Garland, the Founder of The Rise To The Top, The #1 Non-Boring Resource For Building Your Business Smarter, Faster, Cheaper. He hosts RISE, a web show for entrepreneurs featuring unique in-depth interviews with successful entrepreneurs, and The Rise To The Top TV show on ABC. He is the upcoming author of Smarter, Faster, Cheaper: Non-boring, Fluff-free Strategies for Marketing and Promoting Your Business (Wiley 2010).
What is an online video show?
An online video show is a series of videos that are integrated together by consistent style, branding, topic and release schedule. Great examples of online video shows include Hubspot.tv, Gary Vaynerchuk's Wine Library TV, NomX3, and of course, The Rise To the Top TV.
The Top 5 Reasons to Create Your Own Video Show for Business
- Make money. An online video creates multiple revenue stream opportunities: you can sell your own product on a show or sell advertising or sponsorship to your video show. As long as you have compelling and interesting content on your show, then you have the opportunity to monetize.
- Brand promotion. A show creates a promotional opportunity for your brand, especially if you create great content that inspires people to share it online and tell others.
- Long-term relationship building. A show lets you create a long-term relationship with an audience that builds trust and value as opposed to a one-time campaign based approach where you may have their attention for only a short amount of time.
- Control of the media source. A show helps you reach your audience directly without having to go through a traditional media source. This level of direct access and control of your own airwaves is very powerful for any business.
- Fun. Fun may not have a measurable impact on the bottom-line, but having your own show for your business helps build relationships, rallies people in your organization, and is one of the top things you can do for you business.
Gary Lombardo is Brightcove's Director of Product Marketing. He tweets @garylombardo