Clearspring is the leading provider of distribution, management, and monetization services for widgets and other distributable Web content. Clearspring’s free sharing services enable publishers and developers to distribute and track viral digital content to the most popular destinations, including social networks, start pages, bookmarking sites, blogs, mobile devices and desktop platforms.
The company delivers billions of impressions every month working with the world’s most prominent brands, media companies and Web 2.0 businesses. The company also provides new monetization opportunities for publishers and developers using the Clearspring platform by allowing them to seamlessly integrate advertising-based services in their distributable Web content.
The Clearspring partnership enables users engaging with a Brightcove player to automate the embedding of videos across the Web, desktop and mobile environments while providing publishers with analytics associated with the distribution and usage of their videos. Clearspring’s syndication services can be integrated directly into the Brightcove player to create a better user experience for sharing video content across social media websites and services such as MySpace, Facebook, Blogger, WordPress, Digg and Twitter. By allowing users to interact with your content across 3rd-party destinations publishers can attract new audiences as well as drive additional monetization opportunities through their video content.
By implementing the Clearspring solution in their Brightcove players, publishers can enhance their users’ ability to syndicate videos across the social Web. This is achieved by automating the embedding process and removing technical hurdles associated with bringing content into certain platforms and environments. This user-initiated act of sharing content creates additional video inventory that can direct users back to your website or can be monetized directly through the Brightcove player and complements traditional publisher-driven syndication efforts across video portals and aggregation websites.
Associated with the viral distribution of videos is real-time data regarding where (by website domain and geography) and how many users are viewing your content, where the content is being shared across the web and desktop (in terms of most popular domains) and how users are spending time interacting with the content and video player. Clearspring can also pass contextual information at runtime related to the website domain upon which the video is playing, as well as the geographic location of each user, which can be used to optimize the experience and rules around advertising and what content is being displayed respectively.
- Extends the reach of your content to new audiences and opens up additional monetization opportunities.
- Enhances the end-user experience for sharing video content across the most popular social media destinations with Clearspring’s social syndication services.
- Provides ABCi-audited analytics tied to Clearspring’s user-facing services that report on the distribution, and measure user-engagement, of your videos.
- Access to contextual information at runtime for the embedded Brightcove player to assist with content- and ad-decisioning.
- Automated method for embedding the Brightcove player across social network, blogging, start-page, social bookmarking, desktop and mobile devices to share your video content.
- Configurable service menu that enables publishers to promote specific social media destinations or services like email, embed, desktop and mobile video content sharing.
- Promoting viral sharing of video content from within the Brightcove player as well as from the publisher’s website using Clearspring’s social syndication service.
- Real-time insight into how your videos are being virally shared and distributed by domain and geography.
- Ability to track specific events (such as play/pause, time watched, etc.) and interactions related to each video being played.
Revenue share on in-widget ads for distributed videos where 60% goes to the seller of the ads (Clearspring or publisher) and remnant is split 50/50. For publishers who do not want to run ads in their videos, there is also usage-based pricing using CPMV (cost per thousands impressions of the video player/widget).