Ideally, marketers should be able to work with video in the same environment used for other types of marketing content—in other words, a content management system (CMS). However, online video content management has traditionally remained beyond the scope of CMS solutions due to technical challenges such as:
- The rudimentary video playback capabilities in most CMS solutions, which make it difficult to deliver an optimal experience for every viewer.
- The lack of communication between CMS and online video platform (OVP) solutions, which makes it impossible to apply capabilities like social sharing, MVT, and mobile optimization to video (unless the marketer invests in significant custom integration).
Drawing on years of expertise in online video, open technologies, and active partnerships with leading CMS developers, Brightcove has now broken down the wall between CMS and OVP to help organizations address video as part of a holistic online strategy and experience, essentially providing a video content management system within an organization’s current CMS. For the first time, marketers can easily apply the full range of CMS tools to online video, including automation, workflow, analytics, and testing, to leverage its full potential for content marketing.
Foundational capabilities now available through CMS-OVP integration include:
- Viewing a Brightcove Video Cloud library from within the CMS user interface
- Searching for specific videos by title, keyword, or custom field
- Scrolling through existing playlists or creating a new playlist
- Publishing video to a website with the push of a button
- Taking advantage of Brightcove ingestion and transcoding functionality
- Optimizing video playback for mobile and other devices
What CMS-OVP integration means for marketers
The integration of CMS and OVP solutions lets organizations stop managing online video in a vacuum and make it a seamless and highly effective part of the online experiences they deliver. Key benefits include:
- Improved workflow through the ability to work entirely within a single user interface rather than toggling between separate systems to upload video and embed it in a page, improving speed and accuracy.
- Rich CMS functionality for video assets including A/B testing, multivariate testing (MVT), social sharing, and mobile optimization, making it possible to manage and optimize video through the same processes as the rest of the page.
- Unified analytics and dashboards across video and other types of content to help optimize video duration, location, content, and other variables within the context of a holistic customer experience.
- Cross-content search for both video and other content types to make video more easily discoverable and support a comprehensive content strategy.
- Granular permissions over video content access, managed through the same consistent set of rules as other types of content.
CMS-OVP integrations now available
Any Video Cloud customer entitled to access the Brightcove Media API, including Video Cloud Professional and Video Cloud Enterprise customers, can use the following integrations to unify Video Cloud with the respective CMS.
The following integrations are available to all Video Cloud customers. Access to the Brightcove Media API will be granted to Video Cloud Express customers who publish on these CMS platforms.
In addition, the following integration does not require access to the Brightcove Media API and can be used by all Video Cloud customers.
To learn more about CMS-OVP integration, including details on the capabilities enabled through the integrations listed above, we encourage you to download our free, in-depth white paper on Unifying Online Video with Content Management to Deliver a Better Customer Experience. We’ll keep adding new video content management resources to the Learning Center, so check this page frequently to incorporate the latest strategies, technologies, and best practices into your content marketing operations.