Quantcast is a Web-based audience insights service focused on enabling addressable advertising solutions. The company helps advertisers gauge audiences across millions of web sites while helping publishers accurately represent and sell their audiences. Quantcast directly measures over 50 million unique Web assets and has a comprehensive understanding of all 220 million US Internet users.
With Quantcast, you can easily collect detailed traffic, demographic, geographic and business data for all of your Brightcove assets. Quantcast offers content owners and publishers the ability to join the company’s free Quantcast Publisher program, which requires tagging all your Brightcove assets. Given the complexity of tagging Flash-based media, Quantcast and Brightcove have developed a turn-key solution to make implementation as easy as possible.
By integrating the Quantcast module into your Brightcove player, you will be able to immediately begin generating audience data for your video content at the player, playlist, or video level.
After an initial ramp-up period (typically 1-2 weeks), Quantcast profiles for your media will populate audience-based data for any assets that reach at least 1000 people per month, in addition to basic traffic information (cookies, visits, plays, etc).
Features & Benefits
- Detailed demographic information on all of your Brightcove assets, including gender, age, household income, education level and more.
- Directly measured traffic and frequency data - not panel projections.
- Complete control over data access. You decide what is public or private.
- Near real-time audience insights. Quantcast updates traffic data daily and demographic information weekly.
- Ability to join the Quantcast Media Program, enabling you to sell audience, not impressions.
Participation in the Quantcast Publisher Program, which allows you to report traffic and audience data at an asset level, is free.
Participation in the Quantcast Media Program, which enables real-time targeting against audience segments, is an opt-in program that incurs fees based on usage.